Wednesday 14 May 2014

Live Life Well Lived



I feel people do not understand what I want to live for.
People must live the lives they really want to live. I do not mean everyone has to become the millionaire they were always wished to be, but it is how they live.

People fall in streams. Streams of culture, society and ones they put themselves in.

We can not allow ourselves to get carried by streams.


School, college, uni then marriage.
Kids, retirement then death.

This is not the life I want.
It sounds trivial, hollow and dreary when said like that. Anything can be when stated bluntly and cold, anything can be simplified until flat and greyed.
I see nothing wrong with a life like that, I have done up to the uni part. I do not plan to do the rest but it is not that I am opposed to the idea.

This would be beautiful life. Each part, school marriage etc can break into many different parts and then parts again. Some parts happy, some sad.

We can not allow ourselves to get carried by streams.
If this is what you want in life then do it and never look back. There is nothing wrong with riding a stream but to be carried by it is another matter. The key point is 'want'. Some people go with the flow and never question what they want. How many people go to college or uni and do not enjoy their time there. Do not connect with the course. Well then it is not for you and you know deep down it is not.
If you were doing for the money or titles then you should have a drive that would keep you going.
If the course is sour but the job would be sweet then that should be enough to keep at it.
The point is you would have direction. You would moan about how bad it can be sometimes but you know why you are there and what it for. Most important what it means to you.

So many people feel lost, they do not know if they have set the right course, if they are doing the right job or feel they should be doing something else. Then you should find what it is your heart is searching for but time and effort that would seem wasted gets in the way. Even though the more time you carry on is even more time and effort wasted.

My next point. The people around me, the one that supports my dreams. I feel they only kind of get it. Maybe I am wrong but things seem to feel lost in the translation.
Maybe because you also need to want it to understand . Just like I get why people care about how they are seen and what people think about them, but not truely.(i care more about people judging me for something I am not or did not do). I have a friend or two that wish to live a life like mine. Not exactly the same but from the same place.
I do not feel there is anything wrong with not wanting to live like I wish to. I do try and sell aspects of it. "You need to go and see this city; they have this event every two years. I really think you would like it". I do not try and ram it down people’s throats mind; I tell people I do think will enjoy it.

This is the point. People need to support people in the way they wish to live. In whatever it is.


"Along as you do not harm others in your actions do what the fuck you want"

- Mental State

This famous quote I found on the net sums it up. From what I get from what it is trying to say is do not be a serial killer, a theif or a really mean person that would make me cry. You will cause others harm but other than that go for what ever you want to. I feel it includes common sense. It doesn't mean you are not allowed dump your partner because they will get hurt. (In my opinion anyhow staying with someone you do not really want to carries more harm)


Everyone should be able to live how they wish without being held back. People should not stop a person nor talk them out of it. Well you can try to talk them out of it in a devils advocated sense. Someone who wants to go and fight in illegal brawls needs to be told about the hurt they can get and what the law would do to them for example. I would for one hate if I had a partner who did such a fight. Because of the risk of real harm. I would talk to them about how I felt, what I thought. If she would still like to crack skulls then instead of nagging her, worrying about her and making my life and hers a bit shit I would either learn to except or leave. Not make her give it up for me (she should have understood the first time I told her how I felt about how serious it was).
Alright I am not here to give dating advice. (My train of thought does not run on tracks). To sum up if you can not live with someone’s dreams, or the way they wish to live there life then maybe you should not be living together.

Life is sad enough already, why not run towards the greener grass?


"Fun, laughter and opportunity doesn't drop on your lap, or when it does it shan’t do it often enough. If you will not find it or create it, then do not expect it."

- Mental State



(Man mental state has some great quotes)

No comments:

Post a Comment